2 lbs ground beef
4 garlic cloves, minced
24 oz beef broth (around 3 cups)
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
8 oz. dairy-free cream cheese (Kitehill) can use regular cream cheese also
1/2 cup canned coconut milk (unsweetened) or heavy cream
1 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Franks Hot Sauce (optional)
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1. Heat a 5- or 6-quart Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high. Add the olive oil, onion, peppers, and minced garlic and cook for 2- 3 minutes. Add the beef and cook until brown, Strain the beef and veggies to remove any excess grease.
2. Add the taco seasoning and mix together with the beef. Add in the broth, canned diced tomatoes, and Rotel (with liquid).
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30-60 minutes. The longer it simmers the better the flavor. Add in the coconut milk, dairy-free or regular cream cheese, and mix with a spoon. Allow to completely melt, around 15 minutes. (TIP: Make sure the cream cheese is at room temp. This will help it melt better)
4. Taste and add any additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Divide among bowls and garnish with fresh sweet onions, diced Roma tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro.
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high. Add the olive oil, onion, peppers, and minced garlic and cook for 2- 3 minutes. Add the beef and cook until brown, Strain the beef and veggies to remove any excess grease.
2. Add the beef along with the taco seasoning, broth, canned diced tomatoes, and Rotel (with liquid) to a crockpot.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
4. 20 minutes before serving, add the room temp cream cheese/milkand allow it to melt. Mix with a spoon to combine.
5. Serve with freshly chopped onion, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Recipe by Healthy Little Peach