5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 boxes Jiffy corn bread mix
1 c. sour cream
2 large eggs
2 can corn kernels
4 Tbs. butter, melted
1-2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. taco seasoning
salt to taste
1 32-oz. can of enchilada sauce
1 15-oz. can of refried beans
1 15-oz. can of black beans
2½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, sour cream, eggs, corn and melted butter.
3. Pour batter into greased pan and bake until golden (about 20 minutes). Allow to cool while other food preparations are done.
4. Remove any fat from chicken breasts and cut breasts into small pieces.
5. Stir-fry chicken pieces until cooked through. Chop or shred cooked chicken after it has cooled enough for handling.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
7. Add onion and cook until soft (about 5-8 minutes)
8. Add minced garlic and cook about 1 minute more.
9. Add Taco Seasoning, salt, chicken, and half the enchilada sauce. Stir until combined and then remove from heat.
10. Use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes in the cooled cornbread. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the cornbread.
11. Top with the chicken mixture. Spread the refried beans over the chicken mixture, making a thin layer.
12. Spread the can of black beans over the refried bean layer. Top with the cheddar cheese.
13. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.