1½ cups + 1 T. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup plain whole-milk greek yogurt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp. grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup vegetable oil
1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
For Lemon Syrup:
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice- from zested lemons
⅓ cup sugar
For Lemon Glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2-3 T. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease bottom and sides of one 9x5 inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3.In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour, fold them very gently into the batter.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 50 -55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Place wire rack over a cookie sheet thats covered with wax paper.
5. While the loaf is cooling, make the lemon syrup in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Once dissolved continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
6. Use toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf. Brush the tops and sides of the loaf with the lemon syrup. Let the syrup soak into cake and brush again. let the cake completely cool.
7. To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar & 2 -3 Tablespoons of the lemon juice. The mixture should be thick but, pourable. Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if mixture is too stiff. Pour the lemon glaze over the top of the loaf and let it drip down the sides. Let glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.