1) Heat oven to 350º F Lightly coat a 9x13 inch glass pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding pkg, eggs, canola oil, water and key lime juice. Mix together until fully incorporated.
2) Transfer batter to glass pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes until inserting a tooth pick comes out clean. Let cake cool for 10 minutes. With either a fork or the back end of a wooden spoon, carefully poke several holes into the cake.
1) In a bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2 tbsp key lime juice. (If glaze seems too stiff, slowly incorporate water with a spray bottle to bring it to a runny consistency. If I were to describe the consistency, it should act like shampoo so it can soak into the cake.)
2) Slowly pour over the cake so that it seeps into the holes. Let cake cool completely.
Frosting and Crumbs:
1) Using an electric mixer, beat together 8 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened), and 2 cups confectioners sugar until smooth. Mix in 1 tsp key lime juice. Frost your cake.
2) Crush up half a box of Nilla Wafers and then sprinkle on top of your cake.