1. Add yeast into warm water along with 1 tsp of the sugar. Stir to combine and allow to sit for 6-8 minutes or until foamy.
2. Mix together milk, butter, remaining sugar, salt and yeast mixture.
3. Add in 5 cups of flour and wheat gluten, and mix until dough forms with the paddle attachment on a stand mixer or by hand. Continue adding flour, 1/2 cup at a time until the dough becomes smooth and a ball forms.
4. Dough will be slightly tacky. Knead until smooth and elastic and springs back when pressed, or passes the windowpane test.
5. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in the bowl. Cover and allow to rise until double in size (30 minutes or so depending on room temperature)
6. Divide dough into 2 pieces and press each piece into a rectangle.
7. Roll up each rectangle and press the seam together. Place seam side down in greased bread pans.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 20-25 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Brush with melted butter if desired.