1 large egg
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt to season
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
28 ounces (800 g) chicken tenders
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs (garlic, herb or Italian seasoned for extra flavour)
1 teaspoon mild paprika (or sweet, smoky, spicy)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Dip chicken tenders into egg mixture and let sit for 5 minutes while preparing crumb mixture.
OPTIONAL: Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (if time allows).*
4. In another bowl, combine both breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese.
5. Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
6. Arrange tenders on the baking sheet / tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. (Broil in the last 2-3 minutes for a golden crispy crumb!)