4ea Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored & sliced)
1oz bread flour
¾oz instant tapioca
1oz unsalted butter *cut into small cubes*
(to be placed on top of filling before putting the top crust on)
1 lb 5oz approximately, pie dough
Splash of water
* pre-heat oven to 375ºF.*
1. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, bread flour, instant tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Set aside.
2. Once you have your bottom crust in place peel, cut and slice your apples.
3. Toss apple slices in the sugar mixture and pour into bottom crust. Placing the small cubed pieces of butter over the pie filling.
4. Roll out and place top crust on top of the filling and bottom crust. Finish how you desire but be sure to add some holes for the evaporation to escape.
5. Light egg wash your pie and sprinkle some sugar before placing in the oven for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.