Lightly grease 8x8 pan with a little butter then line with parchment paper.
1. Mix and cook sugar, corn syrup, and water in a sauce pan
2. While the sugar mixture is heating up, use a mixer to whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Using a candy thermometer, continue cooking sugar mixture until it reaches 260º
4. Slowly drizzle sugar mixture into the whipped egg whites while the mixer is still mixing until all the sugar mixture is incorporated and add vanilla.
5. Continue beating mixture for 8 minutes which should make the mixture look glossy white.
6. Turn off the mixer. Mixture will begin to cool and get very sticky so quickly begin to fold in the candy pieces.
7. Spread mixture into pan and let completely cool
8. Lift divinity out of the pan by the edges of the paper.
9. Peel off parchment paper. Cut into 1/2 squares to serve. If divinity sticks to the knife, lightly butter the blade of the knife.