8oz wide egg noodles
1-1/2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
2 teaspoons paprika
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1 large red onion, halved and sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
1) Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
2) Meanwhile, toss chicken with paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, saute chicken until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
3) In same pan, saute mushrooms in butter until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
4) Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add stock, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 10-12 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook, uncovered, over medium-low until chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes.
5) Stir in creme fraiche, parsley and the remaining salt and pepper; remove from heat. Stir in noodles.