1) Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2) Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to large bowl.
3) Cut butter into small pieces. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
4) Cut the butter into flour with pastry cutter or fork until it looks like small peas.
5) Whisk egg and buttermilk together. Add to flour.
6) Stir until soft dough forms. Dough will be sticky.
7) Add 1 Tbsp. flour to large piece of parchment paper.
8) Place dough on top of floured paper.
9) Dust top of dough with 1 Tbsp. flour.
10) Fold dough in half, over itself two times.
11) Using your hands, form dough into a round circle about 7 inches in diameter and 1-inch thick.
12) Using biscuit cutter, cut 2-inch biscuits.
13) Reform scraps into round circle, 1-inch thick.
14) Place biscuits on greased baking sheet.
NOTE: The key is to not over mix because it will make dough tough. Do not roll out dough. Do not twist cutter when cutting; this will crimp the edges of the biscuit and cause it not to rise well.