1. Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin,
oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
2. Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn,
chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hrs. or on HIGH for 3-4 hrs.
4. Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
5. Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15
minutes, or until chili is creamy and lightly thickened.
6. Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
* To thicken chili even more, mix 1 tbsp. of cornstarch into 2-3 tbsp. of milk/half and
half/chicken broth or water. Stir until cornstarch dissolves, then stir that mixture
into the chili. Cook until thickened to your liking.
1. Cut chicken breasts into 3 pieces each, then set aside.
2. Add a tbsp. of butter and tbsp. of olive oil to a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Heat
over MED. heat and add onions. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then add garlic for 1
minute, stirring often.
3. Add salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir
4. Add chicken, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro.
5. Increase hear to MED. HIGH and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
Simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and
the chili is thickened to your liking.
6. Remove chicken to a bowl to shred, then add it back to the pot. Add in half and
half and cream cheese, stir well and let simmer a few minutes. Stir, then serve as
per the recipe.
INSTANT POT (PRESSURE COOKER) DIRECTIONS:
1. Add chicken breasts to pressure cooker (I personally use a 6 pt. Instant Pot).
2. Add in onions, garlic, chicken broth, beans, green chiles, cilantro, corn, salt, black
pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne powder. Stir.
3. Cube cream cheese and place on top of the chili.
4. Cover and seal with led, switch the valve to the "sealing" position and cook for 20
min. on manual high pressure. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally
depressurize for 10 min. then switch the valve to the "venting" position to
completely release steam before opening lid.**
5. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate or bowl and shred with 2 forks.
6. Add half and half. Stir everything together in the pot to melt the cream cheese
into the chili and warm the half and half, then return the shredded chicken and stir
Serve garnish as desired.