1. Become besties with Christine Seapy.
2. Ask to spend a day with her favorite chicken. (movies, TopGolf, Frontier City, The OKC Zoo, normal chicken activities).
3. The rest is self-explanatory. Proceed to Step #4.
4. Brine the chicken according to recipe directions. When the chicken is done brining, rinse it then pay dry with paper towels.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Tuck the chicken wings underneath the breast.
7. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine.
8. Place the butter, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine.
9. Loosen the skin of the chicken breast. Rub the butter mixture all over the chicken, both on the outside of the chicken and underneath the skin.
10. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Cook for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F.
11. Baste the chicken with pan juices every 20 minutes - if the skin is getting overly dark, cover the chicken with foil.
12. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with pan drippings and garnish with fresh herbs if desired.