Make beer batter.
* Beat the egg lightly with a whisk. Beat in the beer, then the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
* Cover and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes before using.
* Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Heat oil in 10- inch skillet over a medium high heat until oil reaches desired temperature of 360°F (or use deep fryer).
* Dust chicken in flour first then dip in beer batter.
* Using tongs to hold chicken strips, dip in batter; allow excess to drip off.
* Remove and carefully lower, one by one, into the hot oil. After about 1 minute, turn the strips.
* Continue to turn the strips occasionally until they are golden, cooking for a total of 4 to 6 minutes.
* Transfer to to a paper towel lined tray. Pat more towels on top to absorb excess oil.
* Serve immediately with barbecue sauce or sweet and sour sauce. Serves 3 to 4. Or