1. Cook pasta according to package directions, straining from pot with 1 minute
of cook time left; reserve ¼ cup of cooking water. Set pasta and water aside
2. Lightly beat egg and cheese in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and cook for
3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; when
cool enough to handle, crumble or chop bacon. Set aside.
4. Add pasta and reserved cooking water to skillet; sprinkle with pepper.
5. Bring to a simmer; cook for 4 minutes, or until most of the water is
absorbed. Remove from heat; pour egg mixture over pasta, stirring
constantly, until a creamy sauce thickens. (If sauce doesn’t thicken
completely from residual heat, place over very low heat, stirring constantly
until thick. Make sure to have serving bowls ready to transfer pasta quickly
before egg scrambles.)
6. Immediately divide pasta evenly between two bowls; top with crumbled
bacon and enjoy!