1. Set instant pot to “sauté.”
2. Heat oil in pot. Add beef; cook for 5 minutes, turning to sear on all sides.
Remove from pot and set aside.
3. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables
begin to soften.
4. Add sweet paprika, smoked paprika, and caraway seeds; toast for 30
seconds. Add tomato paste and vinegar; cook for 1 minute.
5. Add seared beef, broth, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Seal pot and
switch instant pot to “meat stew.” (If your instant pot does not have this
setting, set pot to the highest pressure-cooker setting and timer for 35
6. Once cycle is complete, release pressure, being sure to keep clear of steam.
7. Switch pot to “sauté” and stir in cornstarch slurry. Simmer for 10 minutes,
or until thickened.