1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 + 1⁄2 - 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
coarse salt and fresh black pepper
12 ounces artichoke hearts, jarred or frozen (thawed), cut in half lengthwise 1⁄4 cup capers
8 cloves garlic, peeled
2 lemons, 1 of them zested and thinly sliced, seeds removed
1⁄4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
about 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large roasting pan or non-stick baking sheet with sides - spread it out so the pan is greased from edge to edge.
2. Pound the chicken breasts out to an even thickness with a meat mallet - place them on a cutting board and cover them with saran wrap first.
3. Cut the chicken in half and season them well with salt and pepper then place them in the pan, spreading them out so they're not touching.
4. In a medium-ish bowl toss the artichoke hearts, capers, garlic and lemon slices with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the zest of the lemon and a few generous dashes of salt and pepper. Arrange them all around the chicken in the pan, filling in the empty spaces.
5. Sprinkle the Parmesan all over, especially on the chicken, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning, followed by a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
6. Bake until the chicken is cooked through anywhere from 25 - 45 minutes, depending on their size (internal temperature should read 165 - 174 degrees F.).
7. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges for serving.