Tomato Meat Sauce:
1. In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, celery, carrot
and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add beef; cook, breaking up with back of wooden spoon, until browned and liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato paste. Add tomatoes, wine, bay leaves, oregano and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Stir in basil. Discard bay leaves.
(Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
Assembling the Lasagna:
1. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles for 2 minutes less than package directions for al dente. Drain and arrange noodles in single layer on towels.
2. In small bowl, stir together ricotta, eggs and pepper.
3. In 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish, spread 1-1/2 cups of the meat sauce. Arrange 3 noodles over top; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with 2-1/2 cups of the meat sauce, 3 noodles, ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, 2-1/2 cups of the meat sauce, 3 noodles, then remaining meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (Make ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days; remove plastic wrap.)
4. Cover with foil. Bake in 375║F (190║C) oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is golden, about 15 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.