1. Coat chicken with flour.
2. Heat oil in large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
3. Add half of chicken; brown about 5 minutes per side.
4. Remove from skillet.
5. Repeat browning step with remaining chicken, adding onion.
6. Return all chicken to skillet.
7. Combine cinnamon, cumin, ginger and turmeric in small bowl; add to chicken.
8. Stir to evenly coat chicken and onions with spices; saute 12
9. Stir in broth, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
10. Reduce heat to medium-low.
11. Stir in dates and almonds and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
12. Uncover and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
13. Serve over cooked basmati rice.
©2017 Scripps Networks