Baking Temperature: 350 degrees
Baking Time: 17 minutes (check them at 14 minutes)
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Bring Guinness and butter to a simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
4. Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in a large bowl.
5. Add Guinness-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat until just combined.
6. Add flour mixture and beat on slow speed.
7. Using rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined.
8. Divide batter among cupcake liners, filling them 2/3 to 3/4 of the way. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, rotating them once front to back if your oven bakes unevenly, about 17 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a rack completely before frosting.
1. Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
2. Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes after each), until the icing is thick enough to be of good consistency. You may not need to add all of the sugar.
3. After all sugar has been added, add Bailey’s and milk and blend until just combined. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!