1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute until onion has softened.
2. Add sausage to pan and break up. Saute for 5-6 minutes until browned.
3. Deglaze the pot by adding chicken stock. Stir in the tomatoes, italian seasoning, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. When stock comes to a boil, stir in orzo pasta.
5. Cover and let it cook for 8-10 minutes in medium-low heat until orzo is almost cooked. Stir in between to prevent orzo from getting stuck to the bottom.
6. Stir in spinach and let sit for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
7. Stir in half and half.
8. Serve with topping of parmesan cheese.