⅔ cup dry red wine
⅔ cup soy sauce
6 large cloves garlic, smashed
⅓ cup chopped flat leaf parsely
black pepper, to taste
2 flank steaks (about 1½ lbs. each)
5 lbs. red skinned new potatoes
1 Tbs. minced garlic
¾ cup olive oil
½ cup coarsely chopped basil
2 tsp. coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Scrub the potatoes and prick each 3-4 times with a fork. Place in a single layer on a shallow roasting pan and bake for 2 hours. Cute each potatoes in half.
3. Toss potatoes with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Let rest for 30 minutes before serving.
4. While potatoes are baking combine the marinade ingredients in a nonreactive bowl. Add the flank steaks and coat well with the marinade.
5. Marinate the steaks, covered in the fridge for 30 minutes, or overnight, turning once. Remove from the marinade and pat dry.
6. Grill the steaks over high heat, 3 inches from the heat source, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare meat. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
7. To serve, slice thinly on the diagonal and arrange on a board or platter.