1. Line two baking sheets and preheat the oven to 375ºF
2. Sprinkle the chopped cabbage with salt, pepper, olive oil, and about ½ tablespoon of turmeric and toss well. Spread on a baking sheet.
3. Add onions, ground beef, about ½ tablespoon of turmeric, and salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix well. Make small meatballs about the size of a ping pong ball and place on a baking sheet.
4. Put both baking sheets in the oven.
5. Meatballs are ready in about 20 minutes.
6. The cabbage will be ready in 30-40 minutes. Toss the cabbage halfway.
7. Add lemon juice to the steaming hot cabbages so it is absorbed right away.
8. Mix cabbage, meatballs, and herbs in work or pot.
9. Add 2-3 cups of water and mix in the dry rice. When the water comes to a boil, reduce heat and cover until the rice is cooked.
10. Serve with yogurt-cucumber dip on the side.
Noosh-e Jan. (literally “may it nourish your soul”, is the equivalent of “bon appétit”.)