½ cup, plus 6 Tbsp butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1½ cups flour
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp (scant) ground all-spice
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup Craisins (coarsely chopped)
3 cups oats (quick cook or old fashioned)
Heat oven to 350º
1. In a large bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt, mix well.
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture slowly, making sure to mix well each time.
5. Add oats and Craisins, mix well.
6. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350º or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on warm cookie sheet and then move to wire rack to cool completely.