1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2)Combine the flour, butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3)Use your fingers to break up the butter, mashing it into the flour to create little pebbles.
4) When the flour and butter have been combined, make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk.
5) Use a fork to gently bring the dough together.
Dump the dough out onto a floured surface and pat it out into a square.
6) Gently fold the dough onto itself four or five times (this action helps create tall, delicate biscuits), then roll it out to form a 1"-thick circle.
Use a round cookie cutter (or even a drinking glass) to cut out the biscuits. (You should get about 6 from the original circle.)
7) Re-form another circle and repeat.
You should have about 10 biscuits in total.
7)Arrange the biscuits on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
8) Bake on the middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.