1. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Cut in butter until well blended.
3. Mix in raisins.
4. Gradually add milk stirring lightly with fork until just blended.
5. Spoon the batter into a greased 1½ quart baking dish.The batter will be quite thick.
6. Mix sauce and pour over the batter.
¾ cup - brown sugar
1 tablespoon- butter
1¾ cups - boiling water
7. Whisk together until smooth. Pour sauce over batter.
8. Bake in a 375ºF oven for 30 minutes.
9. Let cool in baking dish for 15 minutes before serving. This allows the sauce to thicken up a bit.
10. Best served warm. Great with a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream.