2 cups millet, cooked
1-2 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
½ cup frozen peas
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp soy sauce, natural
½ cup chopped bok choy / you can also add cabbage or broccoli instead
Optional: other vegetables, Asian chili sauce
1. If you don’t have cooked millet, cook millet according to package instructions. The millet should be fluffy, not mushy.
2. While cooking the millet/ before starting chop all vegetables – start in this order: onion, garlic, if you have – broccoli or cabbage, carrot, bok choy, pepper - because you’ll be putting these vegetables in this order, you need to have them ready.
3. Once millet is cooked you can start with the fun part: In a large non-stick skillet with a lid, scramble the eggs at medium-high heat with some olive oil.
4. When eggs are ready, add onion and garlic and stir well together.
5. Add peas and millet, stir again.
6.Add 1 tbps olive oil and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Also if you have cabbage – now’s the time to toss it. Stir well and taste. Do you need salt? If the answer is yes, add 1 more Tbsp. soy sauce in the next step.
7. Add broccoli, carrot, bock choy and stir everything well, turn off heat and stir for a few more minutes.
8. Then you’re ready! Taste and add salt or pepper if you need. Serve with some Asian chilli sauce, if you’d want something spicier.