1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 1 minute.
3. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and beat until well combined.
4. Add egg and 1 vanilla and beat well then add pumpkin and beat until combined. Add flour and beat on medium speed until completely incorporated. The dough will be wet.
5. Drop dough by heaping tablespoon a few inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set and no longer look wet. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely before frosting.