1. Heat oven to 350º.
2. Grease and flour 2 8in. baking pans, or 24 muffin cups, or line muffin cups with paper liners.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large bowl.
4. Beat the butter and granulated sugar in another large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until the mixture is creamy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time beating just until mixed after each.
6. Add ¼ c. milk and the soup, beating until well blended.
7. Add the flour mixture; beat on low until well blended.
8. Divide the batter between the 2 pans, or the 24 muffin cups.
9. Bake the cake for 35 minutes (cupcakes for 20 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
11. Beat remaining ¼ c. milk, cream cheese and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until frosting is desired consistency. (I didn't use anywhere near all that sugar)
12. Frost the cake (cupcakes). Sprinkle with grated orange rind, if desired.