- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- To make the noodles: Using a vegetable peeler, start making thin slices on one side of a zucchini until you reach the center (seeds), then flip the zucchini over and repeat. Each ravioli requires 4 slices of roughly the same size.
- To make the filling: In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg, add in the ricotta, Parmesan, half of the basil, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble the ravioli: Lay two slices of zucchini side by side horizontally, then lay two more slices side by side vertically (perpendicular). You should end up with a cross or "X" shape. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of the zucchini and start folding each side, one at a time, over the filing. Turn upside down and place in the greased backing dish.
- Pour marinara sauce around the zucchini raviolis.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and remaining basil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is gold brown.
Makes 8-12 ravioli depending on size of zucchini.