1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter *Note, you need a lid for the skillet for later
2. Add orzo pasta to butter, and cook and stir orzo until golden brown.
3. Once orzo pasta is golden, stir in onion and cook until onion becomes translucent.
4. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
5. Add in the rice, and stir to coat with oil. Add chicken broth, salt, and parsley. Stir well, then increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet with lid, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minute
8. Stir in parmesan, then fluff with a fork. Taste, and adjust seasoning as needed.