1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In the measuring cup used to measure out the buttermilk, whisk the egg with the buttermilk.
4. Add cubed butter to the flour mixture and using 2 knives or a pastry blender cut in the butter, until the dough is crumbly and resembled peas.
5. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix well using a fork or wooden spoon.
6. Add the strawberries and chocolate chips to the dough and roughly mix everything together until well incorporated.
7. Turn the dough over onto a floured surface, and form the dough into a round disk. Cut the dough into 8 triangles.
8. Place the scones onto your prepared baking sheet.
9. Brush the scones with buttermilk and sprinkle with a bit of sugar if preferred.
10. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.