• 2 lb ground beef
• 2 packets of taco seasoning
• Doritos, crushed
• 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
• 2 cups shredded lettuce
• 2 tomatoes diced (or drained canned diced tomatoes)
• Taco Sauce
• Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and add the crushed Doritos to the bottom of the pan.
3. Cook ground beef and add taco seasoning, cook as directed on the packet, drain fat if necessary.
4. Spoon cooked ground beef onto the crushed doritos.
5. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, slowly add in salsa. Once thoroughly mixed, top ground beef with cream cheese mixture.
6. Top with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
7. Once the casserole is done then add to the top of it shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
8. Then finally top with dollops of sour cream and drizzle taco sauce all over.
- If you prefer, use only 1 packet of taco seasoning than the 2 packets that are called for.
- With step 8 after topping with dollops of sour cream, I add some cut up green onion as well. Then after drizzling with the taco sauce I also cut a lime in half and squeeze some fresh lime juice to the top.
- For my personal individual serving, I also add a few good shakes of Tabasco sauce to give it some added 'kick'.