1. Cook macaroni and drain.
2. Place the macaroni in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
4. Once butter is melted, stir in flour, salt and sugar until smooth.
5. Next, stir in the milk and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick.
7. Reduce heat and stir in the cubed American cheese.
8. Stir the cheese until it has melted.
9. Stir in the cottage cheese and sour cream.
10. Pour the3 cheese mixture over the macaroni noodles.
11. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the macaroni.
12. Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until bubbly.