1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Stir in milk followed by oil & egg. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
3. Add additional flour until dough forms a mass.
4. On a floured surface, knead 150 turns (about 4-5 minutes).
5. Cover with plastic or a bowl & let rest 10 minutes.
6. Meantime, grease an 8-inch round pan and combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. On a floured surface, roll dough into 12” x 9”.
8. Spread with butter/margarine followed by brown sugar mixture.
9. Roll up the dough (not too tightly) starting at the 9” end.
10. Cut 1/2-inch off either end. With a serrated knife or using dental floss, cut log into 8 even slices andarrange in pan.
11. Cover with plastic & rise in a warm spot until doubled, 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
12. Bake in preheated oven at 350° F for about 15 minutes.
13. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then frost. To make frosting, combine powdered sugar & vanilla andslowly add milk for a spreading consistency.
Notes: To make overnight rolls, follow steps 1 thru 10. Cover pan with plastic and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge in the morning and let rise in a warm spot for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours until rolls are doubled in size.Continue at step #12.
No Mixer? You can combine the ingredients by hand and follow the rest of the recipe as written. I just tried it and they turned out great.