1½ lb. cubed round steak, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp.pus ½ tsp. House Seasoning, divided (recipe follows)
2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. all-purpose flour, divided
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1- 8 oz. container fresh mushrooms
1- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1- 10.5 oz. can beef broth
1 cup sour cream
Egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
1 cup salt
¼ cup ground black pepper
¼ cup garlic powder
Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container for up to 6 months.
1. Season steak strips with 1 tbsp. House Seasoning. Dust with 2 tbsp. flour, shaking off any excess.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add steak strips, and cook on both sides until browned. Remove steak from pan, reserving drippings in pan; set aside steak strips, and keep warm.
3. Add onion and mushrooms to pan drippings. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in remaining 1 tsp. flour. Return steak to pan. Add mushroom soup and beef broth. Cover, and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, or until steak is tender.
4. Stir in remaining ½ tsp. House Seasoning. Just before serving, stir in sour cream.
5. Serve over cooked noodles. Garnish with parsley, if desired.