2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup oil
4 large eggs
2 cups all-purposed flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup chopped pecans
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan generously with baking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the caking, mixing until well combined. Batter will be very thick. Set aside.
3. For the filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
4. To assemble, fill bottom of sprayed bundt pan with about 3/4 of the cake batter. Spoon the cream cheese into the pan, being careful not to let it touch the side of the pan. Spoon the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese layer. It is okay if it doesn't cover completely.
5. Bake cake in a preheated over for 60-65 minutes. Cake will be browned and will pull away from the pan when done. Remove from oven and cool for 5/10 before inverting onto wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
6. For frosting, beat cream cheese, milk, powder sugar together until smooth and creamy. Pour frosting into a large ziplock bag and snip off the corner. Pipe onto cake, generously. Sprinkle immediately with chopped pecans.