1. In top of a double boiler combine egg yolks, lemon peel, lemon juice, water and ¾ cup sugar. Cook over gently boiling water, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add remaining 10 tbsp sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into warm lemon mixture. Pour into cooled almond-matzah crust.
3. Top with remaining meringue, sealing to crust.
1. Mix together almonds, matzah meal, sugar, and salt.
2. Beat together peanut oil and one egg white; stir into almond mixture.
3. Press mixture firmly and evenly against sides and bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375º for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool thoroughly.