Heat oven to 450º
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Put an Iron skillet on the stove, add the 2 tbsp of oil to the pan and sprinkle with a small amount of cornmeal.
3. Allow the pan to get hot on the stove, but not smoking. Once hot, add mixed ingredients to the iron skillet and put it in the oven.
4. Cook for 20 minutes on one side, check the cornbread if the center seems solid flip the cornbread in the pan, if the center is still liquid put back in the oven to cook until it is solid.
5. Once flipped cook for another 10 minutes.
Add Extra ingredients. If you wish you can add:
corn fresh or drained from the can
diced raw onions
If you do, eliminate the water so the mixed ingredients aren't too wet.