1 Sauté the carrots, onions, celery: Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the minced carrots and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the chopped onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 5 more minutes.
2. Remove vegetables from the pan to a medium sized bowl, set aside.
3. Brown the ground beef: Using the same pan , crumble the ground beef into the pan. You will likely need to do this in two batches, otherwise you will crowd the pan and the beef won't easily brown.
4. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Do not stir the ground beef, just let it cook until it is well browned on one side. Then flip the pieces over and brown the second side. Use a slotted spoon to remove the ground beef from the pan (can add to the set-aside vegetables) and repeat with the rest of the ground beef.
6. Add ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, vinegar, sugar, spices to the ground beef and vegetables: Return the cooked ground beef and vegetables to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to break up any chunks of ground beef into smaller bits.
7. Add the ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and brown sugar to the pan. Stir to mix well.
8.Lower the heat to medium low and let simmer for 10 minutes.