1. Scrub outside of quahog shell.
2. Place quahogs in pan. Cover with cold water.
Heat until water boils, then lower to bubble.
3. Keep over heat until shells open. Discard any that do not open.
4. Remove meat from shells and chop.
5. Preheat oven to 350º. Clean ½ shells to prepare for stuffing.
6. Remove crust from bread. Put bread in bowl with warm water.
Leave short time until soaked. Squeeze bread well to remove water.
7. In bowl place bread, break it up well, add onion, hot sauce, salt,
chopped quahogs, eggs and Crisco.
8. Place mixture in frying pan, add saffron. Fry mixture for a short time
to bring it all together.
9. Remove from heat. Fill half shells.
10. Place shells on baking sheet. Bake until tops are browned.