1. Rinse scallops in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. In a medium saucepan combine scallops, wine, salt, pepper, bay leaf, celery and ¾ cup water. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer covered 10-12 minutes.
4. Drain scallops reserving the liquid.
5. Discard bay leaf and celery.
6. Cut scallops into thirds.
7. In 4 tbsp hot butter in medium skillet saute mushrooms 5 minutes. Add onions and peppers and saute 5
minutes more, set aside.
8. Melt rest of the butter, remove from heat and stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in reserved liquid from
scallops. Bring to a boiling point stirring. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
9. In small mixing bowl mix egg yolks with the cream. Stir some of the hot mixture into the eggs to warm them
and then add to the sauce. Cook stirring over low heat about 5 minutes.
10. Combine all the ingredients and pour into a baking dish.
11. Top with crumbs and cheese and bake at 400 º for 12-15 minutes.