1 14 oz. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tb. chopped fresh basil
½ tsp. dried oregano
3 Tb. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 Tb. white wine vinegar
1 3-pound spaghetti squash
1 bunch spinach, washed and stems removed, about 6 cups (packed) leaves
½ cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves minced
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
finely grated parmesan cheese
1. In medium bowl, combine cannellini beans, basil, oregano, 1 Tb. olive oil, and white wine vinegar.
2. Using a large, sharp knife, pierce spaghetti squash in several places. Place the squash in a glass baking dish and cook in the microwave on high for about 15 minutes, turning the squash halfway through cooking. Before handling, let the squash stand for 10 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds and fibers. Using a fork, twist out strands of the squash flesh and place in large bowl.
3. Working in batches, stack the spinach leaves and cut across the leaves into ¼-inch wide strips.
4. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tb. olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until spinach is just wilted, 1-2 minutes. Add feta cheese and the cannellini bean mixture. Cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add bean and spinach mixture to the squash. Gently toss. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Calories: 320; 13 g. protein; 16 g. fat