1. In a work bowl of food processor fitted with steel knife blade, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; pulse several times to combine.
2. Add butter; pulse until mixture is evenly combined and resembles coarse meal.
3. Add buttermilk; pulse just until combined.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; dust top with flour and gently fold dough over itself 5 or 6 times.
5. Press dough into ¾-inch thick round. Using 2½-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
6. Place with sides touching on baking sheet.
7. Bake in a 450 degree oven until light golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 8 biscuits