2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
10 curry leaves (or lime zest and basil)
5 apples (approx. 1 1/2 pounds), cored and quartered
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, adjust to taste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1. Press sauté and allow it a minute to heat up. Then add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves to the pot. Once the cumin seeds begin to brown, remove and grind.
2. Keep insert on saute and add oil and ground spices. Once heated and fragrant, add the apples and remaining spices (turmeric, ginger powder, salt, cayenne). Give everything a good mix, then add the apple cider vinegar.
3. Cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
4. Quick release.
5. Puree the contents of the pot with an immersion blender (or put everything into a blender and puree until smooth then put it back into the pot).
6. Press saute and adjust to low, add the sugar and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chutney thickens.
7. Add Kashmiri chili or paprika if using and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.