1) Core tomatoes, leaving ½ shell of tomato.
2) Set the inside of the tomatoes aside in a plastic bowl.
3) Brown beef and onion in a skillet.
4) Stir basil, salt, pepper and tomato insides into beef.
5) Bring to a boil.
6) Simmer uncovered for 10-12 min., until liquid evaporates.
7) Stir in rice, cheese and egg. Heat through.
8) Spoon mixture into cored tomatoes.
9) Placed stuffed tomatoes in a greased shallow 2 Qt. baking dish.
10) Bake uncovered @ 350º F for 30 min.
NOTE: For freezer meal: substitute 1 C. stewed, diced tomatoes. Add cored tomato insides on the day you cook.