2 10 oz boxes of frozen spinach, thawed
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced onion
4 Tbsp butter (is ½ stick of butter)
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cups of heavy cream
¼ cup chicken broth
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp Tabasco sauce
½ tsp salt
⅔ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
¼ cup sour cream
1 12 oz jar of artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
½ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
1. Drain the spinach and squeeze through a cheesecloth to remove as much liquid as possible; mince and set
2. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook the garlic and onion in the butter, stirring for 3 minutes,
3. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Slowly stir in the cream and broth and cook until boiling.
5. Once boiling, stir in the lemon juice, Tabasco sauce, salt and Pecorino Romano cheese; stir until the cheese
6. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the sour cream, than fold in the spinach and artichoke hearts.
8. Sprinkle the Cheedar cheese.
9. Microwave to melt the Cheddar cheese and serve with Tortilla chips.