- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy; then blend in the egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture till evenly combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours or till firm.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Scoop dough into one inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place 12 cookies on a tray at a time, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.