1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 pound orzo pasta
3 cups chicken stock
3 cups water
1 T salt
2 T olive oil
7 ounces mils I Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/4 t red pepper flakes (optional)
2 T chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
1. Roast peppers until charred, place in a bowl covered to steam for 20 minutes.
2. Remove charred skin, pat dry, remove stem and seeds and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
3. In a pan, bring stock, water and salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender but firm - about 8-10 minutes.
4. While pasta is cooking, sauce sausage with oil in skillet for about 4 minutes.
5. Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
6. Add peppers, tomatoes and pepper flakes (if using), cook til heated, about 2 minutes.
7. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid, and place in large bowl.
8. Add sausage mixture, 1 T parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well. If needed add reserved liquid to loosen pasta.
9. Top with ricotta and remaining parsley. Serve!