1. Combine four, lard, brown sugar, salt and baking powder
2. Mix well, make hole in centre of dry mix
3. Combine egg, cold water and vinegar
4. Gradually combine with dry mix until the mixture holds when pressed between your fingers
5. Form into four equally sized discs
6. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes
7. On a floured work surface or between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out each disc of dough to about 1/8 inch (3 to 4-mm) thick.
8. Use the dough to make two 9-10 inch pies with a top and bottom crust or line four 9 to 10-inch pie plates