6 slices cinnamon swirl raisin bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1/2 cup raisins
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 teapoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
6 tablespoon butter
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup dark rum, brandy or apple juice
1. Heat oven to 350º (325º for glass dish).
2. Butter a 1-quart baking dish.
3. Combine bread cubes and raisins in baking dish.
4. Combine milk, eggs, sugar, anilla, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; blend well.
5. Pour over bread and raisins. Let stand 5 minutes.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
1. In saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Serve pudding warm or cool with ice cream or Spirited Sauce